- We believe all children can learn.
- We believe in the worth and dignity of every child.
- We believe positive self-esteem is critical to academic success.
- We believe that successful programs produce high achievement.
- We believe that the home, the church, the school and the community are all critical influences in preparing students to excel in society.
- We believe in the necessity of teaching our children through the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God about the virgin birth, sinless life, resurrection and deity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- We believe learning is not isolated but integrated across the curriculum.
- We believe effective teachers prepare for and facilitate creative learning.
- We believe developmentally appropriate activities create successful learning for every child.
- We believe that respect is essential to success, whether it be to the student, teacher, parent, or personal property.
- We believe teachers, parents and children working together promote student success.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
HOLY BIBLE | The sole basis for our beliefs is the Bible, which is uniquely God-inspired, without error, and the final authority on all matters on which it speaks. As the Bible teaches, there is one God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - each possessing all the attributes of deity.
SIN AND SALVATION | God created humans to have fellowship with Him, but they defied God by sinfully going their own way. As a result, we need God’s saving grace to end our alienation from Him. Salvation comes only through God’s grace - not human effort - and must be received personally by repentance and faith.
CHRIST'S REDEMPTIVE WORK | Jesus Christ, the second Person of the Trinity, lived a sinless life on earth and voluntarily paid for our sin by dying on the cross as our substitute. This accomplished salvation for all who receive grace by trusting in Him alone. He rose from the dead and is the only mediator between God and us. He baptizes believers in the Holy Spirit. He will return to earth to consummate history.
THE HOLY SPIRIT| The Holy Spirit draws people to Christ and indwells the believer to live an overcoming and victorious Christian life. We believe in and depend on the power of the Holy Spirit to meet our need, in every arena of life. We believe in the present day gifts of the Holy Spirit that empower Christians to live the life God intends for them.
SCHOOL-WIDE EXPECTED STUDENT OUTCOMES
Students at Gateway Academy are expected to…
- grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ, become disciples of our Lord, and to advance the Kingdom of God...
- be academically equipped to fulfill their God-given destiny...
- use their unique talents, spiritual gifts and academic abilities to influence society in a positive manner.