PCB | FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are the school hours for Gateway? | 8:30am-3:00pm, with morning drop-off beginning at 8:15am
- Does Gateway follow the Bay County School District’s calendar? | Although we closely follow the Bay County calendar, which is a 10 month school calendar year (August – June), there are often slight variations in our school calendar to theirs.
- What is the monthly tuition cost for Gateway? | Gateway’s tuition is $400 monthly for all grade levels PreK-3 through Kindergarten. There is also a curriculum fee that differs based on the grade level and age of the student. A complete list for our current year can be found at http://www.thegatewayacademy.com/new-applicants-pcb
- Does Gateway accept scholarships? | Gateway is not state-funded nor do we receive funds from any scholarship agencies. All students are admitted on a fee-based payment schedule.
- What is Gateway’s Admission Philosophy? | Gateway Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin or disability in administration of its admission policies, educational policies, scholarships, athletic or other school administered programs. Gateway Academy reserves the right to deny admission to a student if his or her ability, behavior, or emotional development indicates that he/she could not be best served by our school program.
We have adopted an admissions policy that opens the school to families who are like-minded spiritually, who are supportive of our philosophy, objective, and standards of education and whose children meet our enrollment standards. Our purpose is to serve families who desire not simply a private education, but a distinctively Christian education for their children.
Note: All applicants in our PreK-3 & PreK-4 classrooms, must be toilet trained prior to the start of school.
- What is the average class ratio size? | Gateway’s preschool classes, staffed with 1 lead teacher and 1 classroom assistant, have an average teacher student ratio of 1:8. Our elementary classes have 1 lead teacher and an average class size of 12-17 students.
- Does Gateway offer before or after-school care? | Gateway does not offer before care but does offer after care until 5:30 for a fee of $100 per student per month.
- Does the after care fee change if they only attend a few days per week? Gateway’s after care fee is on a per month basis. It stays $100 per month regardless of how much your child attends.
- How can I schedule a school tour? | Simply contact the school office at 850-502-2013 to speak with our Director to schedule a tour of our campus. We typically conduct tours after 10 am on Thursdays, but will do all we can to try to accommodate schedules, especially for prospective families from out of state.
- What curricula does Gateway use? | Academic excellence, Godly standards, and uncompromised Biblical truths are the cornerstone of Gateway Academy. As a private Christian school, we have the unique opportunity to select curricula for our school that align with our faith-based teaching philosophy centered around a Biblical worldview and are the strongest programs for each subject area. Our preschool classrooms are designed to provide hands-on, manipulative learning experiences. Curricula such as Handwriting Without Tears and Saxon Early Learning help us accomplish this goal. Purposeful Design curricula (Spelling, Bible, Science & Math), Shurley English and A Beka Social Studies all work together to provide a comprehensive curriculum plan for our elementary years and round out our early year’s course material.
- What credentials do the teachers at Gateway hold? | The goal of Gateway Academy is to build a team of faculty and staff who desire to glorify God and reflect the character of Christ inside each of their classrooms. We value academic excellence and seek employees who exemplify the best in their instructional fields. Our faculty is made up of educators who are called to the ministry of Christian education and who share our passion and responsibility to make disciples. We look for credentialed educators who exemplify professionalism and creativity within their subject areas and who daily inspire and motivate students spiritually, academically and socially.
- What is the safety protocol at Gateway? | Gateway places extreme importance on maintaining the safety of our students and faculty. We keep a secure campus by having every door leading to the outside locked at all times. Doors leading from classrooms to the outside are alarmed as well. We perform regular fire, weather, and intruder drills to educate our children on how to remain safe through any emergency situation that could arise.
- Will Gateway be expanding into grades past Kindergarten? | Gateway’s leadership and governing board desires for our school to eventually grow into serving PreK-3 through 5th grade students. We are currently enrolling through Kindergarten for the 2018- 2019 school year.